Gourmet Blue Mountain Coffee Beans – the World’s Best
Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee beans are renowned for their full-bodied vibrant acidity while delivering a rich aroma and a smooth delicate taste. But what makes Jamaica’s Blue Mountain Estate coffee so unique?
- Blue Mountain coffee is extremely rare since it is a “single source” gourmet coffee that is only grown on small family run coffee plantations high in the “Blue Mountains” of Jamaica
- Blue Mountain coffee is the world’s highest mountain grown coffee; it is grown at elevations over 7000 feet!
- The higher elevation, longer growing season and ideal growing conditions generally produces a larger coffee bean; much larger than other coffees grown at lower elevations
- Blue Mountain coffee is always high in demand and one of the world’s most sought after gourmet coffees, in part, due to its limited supply
- Blue Mountain coffee is the number 1 coffee used to make coffee liqueurs
- This Caribbean gourmet coffee is rarely blended with other coffees and is generally sold as 100% Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee
Because of its limited supply and relatively high demand on the world gourmet coffee market, Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee has become one of the more costly coffees in the world.
Most coffee aficionados agree however that Jamaican Blue Mountain Estate is exceptional and one of the smoothest, most well balanced gourmet coffees on the market – well worth the added expense.
Blue Mountains of Jamaica
Situated in the area of Port Maria and Kingston, the Blue Mountains reach elevations of up to 7,500 feet and are located in the highest mountain range on the island of Jamaica. The bluish mist that usually covers the mountains give the area its name. The Blue Mountains generally have a cooler, wetter climate and the volcanic mountain soil is extremely fertile. It is this combination of elevation, climate, continuous rainfall and rich soil that creates the ideal coffee-growing conditions producing what is arguably some of the finest gourmet coffees the world has ever known.
Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee History
The governor of Jamaica in the early 1700s was Sir Nicholas Lawes. Lawes is credited as being the first person to bring gourmet coffee plants to Jamaica and successfully harvest Jamaican coffee for world consumption. The first rate Arabica gourmet coffee plants were easily propagated and soon Jamaica coffee beans became a leading export product of Jamaica. Japan soon became the number one importer of Jamaican coffee and responsible for up to 90 percent of the Jamaican coffee sales.
Over time Jamaica established the Jamaica Coffee Industry Board to monitor and manage the supply and distribution of this high-grade gourmet coffee and quickly established Jamaican Blue Mountain Estate coffee as a coffee of excellence within the world coffee industry.
Blue Mountain Coffee Certification
Being the single coffee product given certification by the Coffee Industry Board of Jamaica, Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee holds an exclusive, internationally recognized protection certification stamp. Blue Mountain coffee is harvested in a certified coffee region in the Blue Mountains of Jamaica and the Coffee Industry Board of Jamaica oversees all its farming, marketing and distribution.
That’s Coffee is your Online Gourmet Coffee Bean Store