After brewing gourmet coffee beans chances are the grounds are thrown in the garbage or the compost. Here’s an alternate way to use up your coffee grinds, exfoliate your skin and save money on expensive body products.
- 2 cups of coffee grounds
- ½ raw sugar or sea salt
- 2/3 Tbsp. massage oil or Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Vanilla Extract – add a few drops for a sweet vanilla smell
- Brown Sugar – add a couple tablespoons for a coarser and sweeter exfoliant
- Cinnamon – add a dash for a spicy smell
- Creativity – add your own ingredients to make the scrub unique. Just be careful about strong scents and products your skin may have an allergic reaction to.
Apply the scrub directly onto wet or damp skin and rub in circular motions, using your hand, a cloth or a loofah. The circular rubbing helps to dispense the caffeine so it can get to work on infusing your skin.
- Cost Effective – Most coffee drinkers have grounds readily available. A scrub can either be made with fresh coffee grounds or by drying out used coffee grounds. The additional ingredients are commonly found in the kitchen!
- Cellulite-fighting Caffeine – The caffeine naturally occurring in coffee beans actually helps to redistribute fat cells and decrease the formation of cellulite.
- Varicose Veins No More – Caffeine is also said to act as a “vascular restrictor” which shrinks blood vessels. This decreases the appearance of varicose veins.
Now it’s time to get to work. First, make a pot of our gourmet coffee. Next, enjoy while the coffee grinds dry. Finally, mix the scrub and pamper yourself!
“Coffee Body Scrub”
courtesy of your online coffee bean store;
Gourmet Coffee Beans