Take a classic brownie glazed with ganache topping and add finely ground Jamaican coffee beans and you’ll have this strong and bold treat sure to please your sweet tooth and caffeine cravings.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup less 1 Tbsp. butter, unsalted
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 3 Tbsp Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee beans, finely ground
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup pecan, pieces
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine the sugar, butter, cocoa, coffee grinds and salt in large bowl. Place bowl in saucepan of simmering water or microwave on low heat until butter melts and ingredients blend together. Cool to lukewarm temperature.
Add eggs and vanilla; whisk. Sift flour and mix in pecans.
Place batter in greased 9×13 pan and bake for 25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 6 Tbsp. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee, freshly brewed (drink the rest of the pot while you finish baking!)
Simmer coffee in a small saucepan and pour over chocolate chips until melted and smooth. Allow ganache to cool and thicken before spreading over brownies.
Optional: Cut into squares and garnish each brownie with a coffee bean.