If you love coffee and cake then Tiramisu cake is the perfect combination for you! Did you know that tiramisu in Italian means “pick me up”? It’s high in energy and caffeine, giving your body that little “pick me up” it needs at any time of the day.
We recommend using fresh gourmet espresso coffee beans in these Tiramisu recipes.
That’s Coffee Traditional Tiramisu Recipe
For the perfect date night or girls night in That’s Coffee has provided you with a traditional Tiramisu coffee recipe.
- 6 large egg yolks, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 16 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 4 large egg whites
- 2 ounces Kahlúa or dark rum
- 12 to 14 ladyfingers
- 1 1/2 cups brewed espresso (or 3/4 cup American coffee and 3/4 cup espresso), at room temperature
- Unsweetened cocoa powder, for a pretty garnish
- Using a large bowl, whisk the egg yolks and half the sugar, until it’s pale and doubled in size. Slowly add the mascarpone in two to three sections, while continuing to whisk. Add the liquor and whisk one more time to fully combine.
- Take a clean bowl and whisk the egg whites and remaining sugar, till soft. Take that mixture and slowly add it in two or three sections to the mascarpone mixture.
- In a 6 by 9 inch casserole dish or plate with a border, spread about one third of the mascarpone cream into an even layer. Separately soak each cookie in the coffee, arranging them tightly on the top, until the cream is fully covered. Take the remaining cream and spread it in an even layer on top.
- Refrigerate for at one hour or up till two days to fully set the cream.
- Dust the top with cocoa powder just prior to serving.
(Recipe adapted from Epicurious)
Non-Alcoholic Tiramisu Recipe by That’s Coffee
If you don’t drink alcohol or find yourself craving Tiramisu but don’t have Kahlua or Rum in your kitchen, here’s a non-alcoholic version of Tiramisu for you to try.
- 8 ounces of softened cream cheese
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ tsp rum extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 12 lady fingers
- ½ cup cold espresso or strong coffee
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Beat the cream cheese at medium speed in a large bowl with the powdered sugar.
- Beat the whipping cream in a chilled small bowl on high, then fold into the cream cheese mixture.
- Take your lady fingers and split them in half horizontally. Using half of them, place them on the bottom of an ungreased pan, cut sides up. Drizzle a ¼ cup of espresso and half of the cream cheese mixture over the lady fingers.
- Arrange what’s left of your lady fingers, placing them cut sides up and pouring on the cream cheese mixture.
- Drizzle remaining espresso and half of the cream cheese mixture over top of the lady fingers.
- Sift cocoa powder over top and cover to refrigerate for four hours, or until the filling if firm. Make sure to keep it covered when storing it in the refrigerator.
Tiramisu cake is just one of the many things you can make with our gourmet coffee! Try out some of our other coffee recipes:
- Coffee Fudgesicles and Popsicles
- Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee Brownies
- Chocolate Chip Coffee Cookies