Here are the top 7 things you should know about preparing a great cup of Gourmet Coffee .
1. Coffee Bean Quality – single origin coffees are best and far superior to blended coffees
2. Coffee Roast – not all coffee beans can withstand a dark roast and yet, some coffees taste their very best only as a dark roast
3. Age of the Roasted Coffee Bean – keep it vacuum sealed, keep it in a cool dry place and open only when you are ready to use it
4. Coffee Grind – buy whole bean, grind immediately before use and grind according to the needs of your brewing equipment
5. Type of Coffee Brewing Equipment – how do you like your coffee? Drip coffee machines deliver a completely different cup of coffee than a French Press, or an espresso machine.
6. Temperature of the Water – what a difference just a few degrees can make; the optimal water temperature for brewing coffee is between 95 and 98 degrees celius.
7. Water Quality – it should go without saying, but let’s say it anyway…always use only fresh water
The 7 Tips are courtesy of your online coffee bean store:
Gourmet Coffee Beans