The Huffington Post recently posted an article featuring the 7 Benefits of Coffee. At first glance these are not the typical benefits you read about in medical journals, the newspaper or textbooks. These benefits motivated me to put on a pot of coffee.
Top 7 Health Benefits of Coffee:
- Coffee can help you proofread better – the caffeine makes you better at spotting grammar mistakes!
- Lower woman’s depression risk – caffeine helps regulate the release of mood transmitters
- Coffee could save your brain – a mystery ingredient in coffee interacts with caffeine to boost GCSF factors that help fight of Alzheimers (in mice).
- Lower men’s risk of prostate cancer – one to three cups of coffee a day can cut the risk by 30%.
- Ward off skin cancer – coffee lowers your risk of developing basal cell carcinoma – the most common type of cancer
- Protect you from Type 2 Diabetes
- Decrease your risk of Parkinson’s Disease – two to three cups of coffee a day have the best effect, lowering your risk by as much as 25%
Read the entire article, along with pictures and multiple medical studies backing up these figures in the Healthy Living section of HuffingtonPost.com.