Coffee beers have around since the mid 1990’s. At a recent coffee beer judging event in San Francisco coffee beers from around the World were examined and rated on a scale of 1-10 with a highest score of 70. So if you feel like a beer that satisfies your craving for a good beer and your love of gourmet coffee heres your list!
- Dieu Du Ciel Peche Mortel-54 (Montreal) great for breakfast or a nightcap with tones of chocolate, molasses and cream.
- Mikkeller Beer Geek -44 (Copenhagen) great roasted flavor
- Black Phoenix -44 (California) with coffee and chipotle pepper added similar to a mexican hot chocolate
- Rogue Mocha Porter – 37 (Oregan) hints of coffee
- Nils Oscar Coffee Stout – 36 (Sweden) chocolate tones but the panel felt it would taste better in Sweden.
- Ale Smith Speedway – 33 (San Diego) fair
- Kona Pipeline Porter – 30 (Honolulu) made with kona coffee but the panel felt the coffee taste didn’t come through well
- Meantime Coffee Porter – 26 (England) lacked coffee flavor