Recent research by StudyLogic reports that coffee consumption is growing in popularity! Consider the statistics:
- US is still the world’s biggest consumer of coffee
- Americans drank 77.4 billion cups of coffee in the year ended June 30
- American coffee consumption valued at $35.79 billion during the same year
- Consumption of coffee in the workplace was up 6% due to new employees and the use of single-serve coffee machines
- Consumption of coffee at home grew by 1.4%
- Demand for coffee in non-home or work environments rose by 2.4% and includes restaurants, coffee shops and hotels.
Read the full study on Business Report (The Chronicle with Bloomberg).