The following coffee bean infused biscotti comes from Chow and Chatter, its perfect for the season and would make a fun Christmas gift for coffee lovers:
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- a handful of almonds
- 1/2 a teaspoon of allspice
- 2 tablespoon of cocoa
- dash of vanilla essence
- one tablespoon freshly ground coffee
1. Preheat oven to 375 and grease cookie sheet
2. beat eggs, oil and sugar together
3. slowly add in flour and baking powder , nuts, cocoa, vanilla essence, coffee beans and allspice and stir, it makes a thick and sticky mixture.
4. put on cookie sheet and press down to 1/2 inch thickness.
5. Bake for 25-30 min until golden brown, then remove and let it cool
6. slice the biscotti then bake for about 3 minutes on each side, in fact the word biscotti in Italian means twice baked 🙂