When this Food Network recipe for Coffee Rubbed Rib-Eye Steak caught my attention I was a little hesitant about how it would taste. So I read some of the ratings and reviews and was surprised by the positive feedback!
Here’s what people are saying about it:
“It added a lot of texture to the meat; retained the moisture. It was very good and complimented the steak well. Definitely a recommended rub!”
“The coffee mixed with the other seasonings just gives the steak a deep, earthy flavor or what I think of as “a man’s steak.” Really good.”
“When I make it for company they always say “this is the best meat I have ever had”. It is wonderful.”
This confirmed that the recipe must be good and should be added to the ‘Must try before the summer grilling season comes to an end’ list.
- 1/4 cup ancho chili powder
- 1/4 cup finely ground espresso
- 2 tablespoons Spanish paprika
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons chili de arbol powder
- 2 bone-in or boneless rib-eye steaks, 2-inches thick, approximately 1 1/2 pounds each
- Canola or olive oil
- Salt and coarsely ground black pepper
Head over to the Food Network site to view the Directions and Details.
courtesy of your online coffee bean store:
Gourmet Coffee Beans